1. The kids participated in their first Christmas pageant. If I’ve learned anything as a music teacher, programs go however they go. Sometimes they way you planned them. And sometimes not. Either way it usually makes a good story. Our good story is this: after two rather flawless rehearsals where J dutifully pretended to eat hay, he melted during the show. Literally and metaphorically. Heh. In his costume, he looked more like Cousin It, than a donkey. Probably because he wouldn’t wear the ears. So anyway, we were sitting in the back so this is mostly second hand information. Apparently, he and the sheep were wrestling (behind the altar of course) and he bonked his head on the floor. Well add that to being tired and overheated and he was done. I kind of wish I could have seen the barnyard brawl.
L did a wonderful job as Mary. She took her role very seriously. And there was no throwing the baby Jesus down the stairs like she used to do with her baby dolls. Whew. (Mom! I’m seven years old now! Sheesh! is what she says every time I tell that story.)
2. Christmas was wonderfully laid back. I was in charge of bringing the salad and dessert. Score! AND I got a Snuggie. 🙂
3. I was noticing the other day that one of the many “gifts” cancer has given me is the ability to swallow a large amount of pills at once. With coffee.
4. Wii Fit Plus is awesome. I especially like being the bird. I like the bicycle riding, but I have a tendency to get lost. So I really get my exercise when I play. I am also appalled at my computational skills. There is a game where you have to bump numbers with your behind to add up to 10. You’d think I’d be able to add to 10. You’d think. Darn negative numbers.
5. I just paid the bill for my lymphedema sleeve. And now it’s time for a new one. Woo. I think I might get a crazy color one this time. Or tie dye my old one.
6. I read my horoscope over at the Yahoo main page today. It says I’m very productive today. Heh. I guess I sort of was. Still have so much to do though. Tomorrow. It also says, “Your new commitment to self has given you a renewed appreciation of the your divine wisdom and accomplishments.” Heh. I especially like the “of the your”.
7. Have a Happy New Year, everybody! Don’t let bad grammar or the inability to add ruin your evening. It’s not ruining mine. Grins.